Sunday, October 23, 2011

A wise man once told me that your true character is revealed when a storm arises - you can choose to praise Him, or you can choose to wither away into the storm. No matter what the circumstance, we are called to PRAISE God. In Mark 4:37-41, a storm comes upon the disciples, and they fear the storm. Jesus asks them "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?". As individuals alone, what are we without faith? We are nothing. If we have faith, we can do immeasurable things through Christ. Even when a storm arises, it is conquerable. Verse 41 says that "The wind and the waves obey Him!". He is the Master of all...The Omega. I recently experienced a season filled with many storms, but nothing that God could not overcome. Each storm surpassed. I have learned from each hardship and experiencing them has made me stronger.

This season of my life is a season of growth. It is also a season of waiting. Society says that we do not need to wait. There is so much VALUE in waiting. In Psalm 27:14, it says to "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.". I'm currently in a situation of waiting upon God to reveal His specific calling in my life...I'm unsure of my major and what I am supposed to do with the rest of my life, especially as far as my occupation is concerned. I have opened my heart, allowing God to lead me. I am letting His perfect will guide me. I remind myself that His timing is perfect. I am dwelling within HIS authority because God knows and He will not lead me astray. I trust in Him. He is preparing my way for what is next. While I am waiting, I cannot forget to look at what God is teaching me throughout this season. He is preparing me, but He also has something for me here and now. Show me your goodness God, show me your love...reveal to me more of You. I desire to learn from You so that I may be an obedient daughter of Your kindgom. I desire to IMPACT Your Kindgom Father. I am called to action. I allow Your Spirit to work through me so that others may see Your glory and PRAISE YOU.

Lamentations 3:25 ~ "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him."

"When the waves rise against me and the wind tries to draw me away
I will stand on the mountain, safe in Your arms I will sing I will sing

Be still my soul, be still
Be still my soul, be still
Wait patiently upon the Lord
Be still my soul, be still"

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Rachel and you are right. Trust in the Lord to pave the way for you and your future.

    ReplyDelete