Thank you Lord for opening my eyes to Your Will for me yet again, bringing me to repentance and cleansing me of my sin. It's not about me, it's all about You. Rid me of myself. Holy Spirit fill me up. I pray that I see through Your eyes and that I am Your vessel to allow the fruits of the Spirit to flow through me so that others may see Your goodness. I pray that I Love with YOUR pure Love in a way that is entirely selfless, just as Jesus did for each person in this fallen world. Thank you for being You. Thank you for bridging the gap, and for your relentless Grace, Mercy, and Love. I Love you.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Selfless
I have been convicted this week of being entirely too consumed with myself recently. Not only have I allowed my school schedule or school work control me because of my lack of time management (discipline is another issue of mine), I have continually been thinking about what I "want" or what I "need" to do. This is normal in a sense, but not when it's obsessive or when you think so little about other people. God spoke to me through His Word on multiple occasions this week. In 1 Corinthians 10:24, Paul says "No one should seek their own good, but the good of OTHERS." How often do we focus on our own successes, or getting "ahead" in this world (and a lot of time without even realizing it)? I know that I unintentionally do so at times. My successes here on earth are not defined by worldly matters. It is not even about my success. The world does not revolve around me. My purpose here is to share God's Love. I am called to share His Gospel with the world - to reach His children so that they too may come to a greater understanding of Christ Jesus, and receive the greatest Love of all, His Grace, and eternal life with Him. Another Scripture that really grabbed me by the heart and humbled me yet again is Philippians 2:3-11, which says "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value OTHERS above yourself, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death -- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment