Monday, July 18, 2011
You Alone Can Rescue!
While Paul was stuck, he wrote such beautiful words that definitely reflect the state of his heart, not his position. In Phillipians 1:13-14, Paul says "For everyone here, including all the soldiers in the palace guards, knows that I am chains because of Christ. And because of my imprisonment, many of the Christians here have gained confidence and become more bold in telling others about Christ.". This passage opens my eyes to many things about my life. I have been in a tough season recently - I felt overwhelmed, spiritually drained, and tired of the world. I felt hurt by people, temporarily lost hope in myself and God, letting the joy I have in Him slowly diminish. Although I'm sure this happens to everyone, it actually happened to me and it sort of hurts to reflect on. Here Paul is, in CHAINS for Jesus Christ, in a very tough season, yet he is THANKFUL for his imprisonment because it led others to Christ. It led others to be bold in their faith. So often I forget to be thankful. I forget to share the incomprehensible love of God and my faith with people. I forget to be happy where I am at - where God has perfectly placed me, and simply rejoice. I forget to dance in the rain. Today's message at church was about David's greatest fall in 2 Samuel. He slowly began to violate God's Word and over time this led to him committing adultery with Bathsheba. When you think you are on sold ground, think again: "Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall." (1 Corinthians 10:12). A couple of months ago I thought I was standing firm in my faith ; gradually I focused on my relationship with my boyfriend moreso than my relationship with God, I stopped reading daily, I began to be lazy and careless, I sometimes talked back to my parents, I gossiped with friends (no longer being the influencer in a positive way), I stopped serving in the church a lot, and I prayed less. All of this took a huge toll on my spiritual life. Ultimately, this led to me falling. I slipped away from the intimacy I had with my Father and let the world consume me. I forgot to humble myself and I became prideful. Its a shame to admit, but who do I think I am? A week and a few days ago I really sat down and thought about everything...where I am with God, who I am, and what sin has let me to the place I am at now. Thank God, literally, for an eye opener. I'm just so thankful for a God so merciful and forgiving; I'm so undeserving. It is a BIG time of transition in my life. Leaving home, the ones I have grown with and that I love so dearly and moving to Alabama for college. I have learned not to be worried or to fear the future, but to fear God alone. In Proverbs 20:24, it says "A man's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?". I have no idea where I'm going or what will happen. I am completely okay with that. Right now I feel as if God is filling me up and strengthening me for something great, or at least I hope so. I will just continue to cling to His Word and unfailing love and ask for guidance, because I'm so lost without Him. I know that wherever I am led, that is where I am meant to be, and everything happens for a reason!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment