"When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, 'Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.' Jesus replied, 'Foxes have dens and birds have nests but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.' Another disciple said to him, 'Lord, first let me go and bury my father.' But Jesus told him, 'Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead." (Matthew 8:18-22)
I don't want anything of this world. I rise every day only to follow You, even if the cost is EVERYTHING. You gave up everything for me and you have rescued me from my sin so that I may have eternal life. How can I not give up everything for You? Why am I holding back? Why am I settling for where I am right now? Materialistic things are of no importance (I'm tired of caring about the little things that ultimately have no importance, especially my physical appearance. I have been so convicted of that recently, Lord. Forgive me.) I may even have to sacrifice being with my friends and family if that is Your will. I may be called to a place where I know no one and all I have is You. There is no other option than to follow You. If I'm going to follow You, I want to do so whole-heartedly, and I WILL do so because it is YOUR will. Is this supposed to be easy? No. You have said that there will be many hard ships and trials, but nothing that I cannot bear. Thank you for that God. Thank you for the strength within me that comes from You alone. I need You. You said that I am to go into the world and preach the Gospel. I am to show others who You are because You are in me. I just want some much more from You...I desire to know You on an even deeper level. Reveal more of You to me through Your Word. I'm so desperate for You. I have been so humbled lately because of how you have shown me how much I need You. All the GLORY goes to You, Abba. Sometimes I feel like I am called to missions. Am I, God? If living for You is all that matters, why am I here going to college? Why can't I just spend all my time studying Your Word and being in Your presence so that you can flow through me and reach the souls of the lost? If it is Your Will, I would love to work within the U.S or even overseas and just LOVE people and reveal to them who You are. Isn't that all that counts? Faith expressing itself through love... I would love to take in families living in poverty and take care of them. I would love to be gracious to them. I would love just hold children who haven't been shown affection. I would love to feed the malnourished...not only with food in the physical, but in the Spiritual sense as well. I would love for their pain to be my pain. I would love to just reach out and see how they see so that I can help them see how You see. I would love to be placed outside of my comfort zone. I would love to do it ALL for You, reguardless of what it costs. I want to sacrifice everything for You in my life. I just want to be radical for you, God. Lead me, Father...
You are the reason for everything. I would not be here without You. I am nothing wihtout You. Reveal to me Your specific calling on my life God. I feel so clueless sometimes.
Let nothing be of myself. Humble me. Cleanse me. Renew me.
Fill me up so that You can flow through me to the world because I am the LIGHT of the world...so that they may see my heart & good deeds and glorify You.
Thank you for Your Mercy, Your kindesss, Your guidance...
Thank you for your UNFAILING Love.
Thank you so much for Your Son.
I love you with ALL my heart, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment