Sunday, April 11, 2010

blossoming vivacity

I love questions. When asked anything, I normally answer without hesitance. But if asked what my favorite flower is, I would have to think about it. Today, as it was a sunny, slightly windy day, I was sitting outside for a few hours adoring God's creation...thinking. My mind wandered off and eventually I asked myself the question, "What is your favorite flower?". This is hard for me, considering the fact that I am indecisive and I think that every bit of nature is fascinating; then, I remembered one thing that will never escape my mind. Every spring the hill leading up to my nana's house would be covered with bright yellow flowers. I would play in them, pick them to place upon her kitchen table, put them in my hair, and of course...sniff the ever so calming scent of daffodils. I looked forward to watching the seasons change, and more so, seeing these beautiful flowers bloom. As spring approached I would always ask my mom to take me to nana's house to see the flowers. When they had not yet flourished, I kept in mind the sight that I would soon see as I continuously checked to see if they were blossoming. Now as I look back and think about it, as each spring passed, I was blossoming along with these flowers; prospering into a young lady, gradually maturing and growing- spiritually, physically as well as intellectually. I miss the peaceful, joyous setting of the countryside and the beauty that I found in the field of daffodils that covered that hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment