Yesterday I got up on stage for the first time in front of others besides children since I was a kid doing acting classes. I had to recite a skit about tithing. First of all, I was a nervous wreck. I tripped going onto the stage and when I finally got up onto the stage...I seriously thought I was going to throw up everywhere. I had practiced SO much, I just knew I wouldn't mess up. Yeah...right. After the second paragraph, I stumbled on my words, forgetting everything and became speechless. Reality check! I finally collected myself/my thoughts, then finished the remaining part of the skit. So...afterwords I thought to myself..."UGH! Why did you mess up? *punches self in the stomach* You could get up there again and do that again with no problem! Man...you're sweating." But really, I think the imperfections were an extra special touch. I honestly love it when God uses me to do things that make me uncomfortable and it is so humbling to make mistakes. Good thing that the Lord was with me or I probably would have passed out...whatta spazz! ;)
Anyway, besides all of that, Brandon gave an amazing message about Tithing and if we honor God with money, he will bless it. He pointed how we overlook the blessings God has given us. As Americans, and humans in general, we are so selfish...caring about money and materialistic things and we always want MORE. If you think about it, we have more than most people in the world. There are people that have nothing yet they are filled with hope and faith...and in my eyes, that is true wealth. As Americans, why can't we want GOD like we want money and materialistic things...think about how rich we would actually be then.
"If your treasure is the Lord, your heart is with Him."
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment