"The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words." 1 Corinthians 2:10-13
I could start this with something elaborate or drastic or act like it was of little importance, but in actuality it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I will begin with the simple statement...God is good. It AMAZES me how He can just do something so great out of the blue, shocking me and bringing me to my knees. I have always thought that as a believer you have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I was never aware of the fact that it was something different than the Holy Spirit or being baptized....etc. I was completely confused but so curious. I had this thirst for something more. I didn't know how to approach this, but really, all you have to do is ASK. It's as simple as that. I have never wanted anything so much in my entire life. Last Wednesday, actually on July 28th, I went to prayer group. I expected great things, but honestly, I didn't think anything miraculous was going to happen to me. Of course, God surprised me. After group Mrs. Lori was talking with a few people, including myself about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Everyone left except her and I. She began praying with me, allowing me to accept the Baptism of the Holy Spirit...inviting it into me. I have NEVER felt God's presence so strongly before. I began to silently pray, shaking crazily. I can not explain to you the feelings that I felt. Mrs. Lori began speaking in tongues and I felt the Spirit working within me; there were words I wanted to voice but it was like they were on the tip of my tongue and I couldn't vocalize them. As she was praying for me, all of a sudden I opened my mouth and words that I, myself could not interpret overflowed from my lips. At that moment, my spirit was communicating to God and although I have no idea what I said, I know every word was exactly what it needed to be. I felt SO close to God. Now every time I pray and when I use my spiritual gift, I feel so close to Him...it is so personal, so intimate. After receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, I feel so much more...I don't know...powerful. It is so beautiful just to be alone in His presence, praising Him, communicating with our Father. I have always heard of such gifts and witnessed others gifts as well, but I never thought He would bless me with such a gift of my own. All I can say is the the Lord NEVER ceases to astound me. Believe me, it is so true...when you ask, it will be given. :)
Some Scripture pertaining to this post:
Mark 16:16, Acts 8:5, 8:12, Acts 8:14-16, Luke 11:13, 1 Corin. 14:2, 1 Corin. 14:14-17, Acts 2:4
No comments:
Post a Comment