I have always heard of puppy love, young love and relationships that don't last. I have also seen for myself all three. I have heard of one night stands, hook-ups, and affairs...none of which I have witnessed for myself, thankfully. It its many different usages, I have heard the term love and I have also seen what I would consider love, but I would have never thought that I would be SO loved. Nor would I have thought I would have found someone so amazing to love, and for that, I thank the Creator because GOD IS LOVE. I was never the type of girl to go out searching for a boyfriend or obsessing over guys. I was okay with the fact that as a young girl I was not allowed to date (until the age of sixteen). While my friends had boyfriends to talk about and be all mushy with, I was single. And I was okay with the fact that while other girls had stories to tell, I hadn't had my first kiss, nonetheless first date. As I got older, I began going to church on my own and focusing on what really matters. I had no idea that after walking through those doors every Sunday and Wednesday that I would fall SO deeply in LOVE or surrender myself completely to a higher power. I got re-baptized and completely committed myself as well as my life to God. I changed my ways, letting light continuously pour into my soul as wisdom did my ears. I was on FIRE for the Lord and still to this day, He amazes me...always showing His love for me and I just can not hold back the eagerness I have for His love. At the age of seventeen, God brought a handsome young man into my life...one that has always been the best guy friend a girl could ever ask for. Honestly, as friends, I never thought we would turn into something more and yet, I am so thankful that we did because I don't think I could ever be happier with anyone. I am so BLESSED with someone who loves me so strongly and compassionately. A love that is pure and genuine. I didn't expect to look into someones eyes at this age and see myself spending eternity with them, but I do. I never imagined that I would have someone so good to me...perfect for me in every way. I am so blessed with a loving family, whether it be those in my household or those at church. I am the luckiest girl in the world. It is all because of GOD. I would have never known what TRUE LOVE was if it wasn't for Him; He sent His son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins...and if that isn't true love, I don't know what is. I love to love and live to love....my family, my friends, my boyfriend...everything that He has created...but ultimately, He whose love is unfailing.
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in LOVE, may have power, together with all saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the LOVE OF CHRIST, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." (Ephesians 3:16-19)
No comments:
Post a Comment