Sunday, April 11, 2010

I walk into Your arms

"Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent." (Revelation 2:5)

The message this morning truly touched my heart. I feel as though I have drifted apart and abandoned the true love that I once had for Jesus, which is so hard for me to admit, and honestly, very sad. Last summer up until the end of '09, I was ON FIRE for the Lord. I served Him with my heart and soul, giving Him everything. I looked forward to reading the Bible every morning; I yearned to learn and to spread Knowledge. I invited many of my friends and those who aren't believers to church, hoping that they would open up their hearts and feel the LOVE that I had for Jesus. I hoped that they too could go through the life-changing experience of accepting Him as our Savior. I absolutely love helping other and last year my mentor and I put together a "Walk of Faith" to spread the Word and LOVE of Jesus throughout Summerville by passing out candy canes with Romans 8:28 inscripted on them, open to prayer and just spreading Joy that He has with-stilled within us. I feel that this burning desire escaped me for a while. I got so caught up in the world and things that truly don't matter. Nothing compares to God. Not I, especially. I haven't given Him the GLORY HE deserves from me. I am so undeserving of the goodness He has blessed me with... His unfailing love and mercy. I have a flaw, a fatal flaw: "But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first." (Revelation 2:4), I have abandoned the love that I had at first, when I first TRULY gave my life over to God, giving everything to Him...when the embers within me were burning so brightly with such fierceness. Without Him, I would be nothing and He is my everything. I love the Lord with all that is within me, and today, I have realized what a sucky follower of Christ that I am. There is so much more that I could be doing, so much more effort that I could be giving. I feel like lately I have just been going through the motions. I guess we all feel this way at some point, but today, I am rekindling the flames... beginning a new chapter, one in which I am myself again... one in which I let the HOLY SPIRIT move me, work within me, and overflow from me until I spill among those that surround me.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." (Galatians 5:22)

This is me, the fruit of the Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. As a Mother I am truly blessed by the grace of my loving Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, for bringing into my life the most beautiful, angelic daughter a mother could ever wish to have as her child. She is kind and thoughtful, she is funny yet serious when the moment calls for her to be serious. She enjoys life because she does not dwell on the things that are bad or the days when we have had to struggle through the economy, she doesn't let the worldly things bother her instead she takes what obstacles life throws her way and finds a way to use her God given gifts to restructure the life of those around her and when I say those I mean the children of the less fortunate of times. Rachel loves and has such dedication for spreeading the word of God to the children that she takes every available opportunity to teach these children about Jesus, who he is, why he was born and why he died, she teaches them of how he came to this world to save us from sin. To accept Christ as their Savior, to know he died on the cross at Calvary for our sins so that we would be able to join him in the Kingdom of Heaven. What could be more beautiful than a child knowing that he cares so very much and that we all have a place called Heaven to look forward to spending eternity with no pain, no sickness, no tears, no sorrow, doesn't that sound incredible, just think of how awesome it sounds to the ears of a little child who at the moment is living in despair, to know that someday they will join Jesus in Heaven and there will be no tears shed never again. So, yes I am so thankful to have been blessed by God and given this Great Gift[Bonnie Rachel}my miracle from God that has grown into a beautiful servant of the Lord. I pray she continues to grown spiritually daily and that she uses her time and good deeds following the Lord's instruction all her days.

    ReplyDelete